- Saving energy and spell cooldowns until you use your ultimate will maximize Death Mark's damage.
- Quickly double tapping Living Shadow will teleport Zed to his shadow immediately for rapid escapes.
- Placing a Living Shadow before using Death Mark can give Zed a safe escape from combat.
- Zed receives bonus effect from Attack Damage items he purchases, so Armor is super effective against him.
- After Zed uses his Living Shadow, he is at his most vulnerable as his damage, slow, and mobility are both dependent upon it.
- Zed's Shadow Slash can only slow you if his shadow hits you with it.
An orphan, Zed was taken in and trained by a great ninja master. Only one other student appeared to be Zed's equal - the master's son, Shen. It seemed Zed could never win the favor of the master, as every match between the rivals ended in a draw. Frustrated and jealous, he sought an advantage. The young ninja ventured into a sealed part of the clan's temple, where he found an ornate, foreboding box. Sensing the dark knowledge within, Zed knew he should not open it, but he peered inside nonetheless. In an instant, shadows touched his mind, revealing techniques that had long been hidden. Now armed with a secret edge, he challenged Shen, and this time he defeated the master's son. He expected praise and recognition in his moment of victory, but somehow the master knew Zed had used forbidden ways, and banished him.
Humiliated, the young ninja wandered for years. His bitterness turned to ambition, and he began to train others in the style of the shadows. As his power grew, so did his circle of followers, but he knew that without the box, his technique would never be perfect. One day, Zed looked at his followers and saw that his students were now an army. He led them back to the temple to claim his prize. At the gates, he was surprised to find the old master waiting, receiving Zed and his disciples as if they were welcome guests. The old man laid his sword at Zed's feet, declaring that he had failed Zed as his master. By banishing his former student, the master had doomed Zed to the shadows, instead of leading him to the balanced path. The old man implored Zed to enter the temple, destroy the box, and lead his followers to balance. The dark ninja followed the master inside. Moments later, the assembled ninjas heard Zed cry out in pain. Mysteriously, he emerged unscathed, and threw the severed head of the master at Shen's feet. Screaming in rage, Zed commanded his followers to slaughter the master's students and seize the box.
That day, the old ninja order fell. Though many students died, some escaped thanks to Shen's heroic efforts. Now the temple is a dark training ground for the Order of the Shadow. Zed rules as the Order's master, and his edict is simple: perfect one's technique, and kill all ninjas who refuse to embrace the shadows.
''Balance is a lie - we are the true ninjas.''
Cleanse is the best summoner for when you are playing against a team comp with a bunch of crowd control or a mid laner that has a lot of crowd control, like Lissandra.
Mercurial when they lack CC
Items with what you can replace the replaceable items:
Edge of night
Duskblade (I personally dislike it)
- +8.55 attack damage
- +11.97 health per level (+216 at champion level 18)
- -0.54% cooldowns per level (-10.02% at champion level 18)
- +4.02 magic resist