1 Whether new to Battle Royale games or coming over from PUBG, there's plenty to learn.
While many Fortnite Battle Royale tips and tricks will also apply to playing other Battle Royale games such as PUBG, there is of course enough significant differences to note and exploit which will help you last as long as possible.
From when to build, how to find treasure chests and the best ways to stay hidden, here's many Fortnite Battle Royale tips, tricks and differences.
Essential Fortnite Battle Royale tips and tricks
No matter what Battle Royale game you are playing, there are a number of best practices you should follow to help you survive.
- When moving from one location or building to the next, avoid running out in the open if you can help it. Use the cover of trees, buildings or cliffs to help you avoid getting spotted. If you get caught unprepared in someone's cross-hairs, you'll last barely a few seconds.
- Even if you have reached the safe circle, don't assume every other player is also there, as more will be coming from the outside in. Remember this to not only avoid getting shot in the back, but also to your advantage, especially if you can pick advancing players off from the safety of a nearby building.
- If you do see a player, or hear gunshots nearby, carefully weigh up whether you should approach, as you could easily be outgunned and outnumbered. On the flipside, you could also approach the end of firefight when all other combatants are injured. The reward for taking on other players could be valuable weapons and ammo - but it could also mean the end of your run.
- Headphones are almost essential for playing, allowing you to hear players coming toward you. In Fortnite Battle Royale the sound of movement feels louder louder than most other shooters, giving you ample opportunity to prepare for oncoming adversaries.
- Weapons and resources spawn in buildings and structures, and like PUBG, appears more frequently in populated areas. This doesn't immediately mean you should go there, as they will attract other players doing the same thing. Again, you need to weigh up the risk reward of getting better loot while also coming up against more competition. It's always possible to strike a balance, building up the confidence to explore villages as your arsenal grows, or even ignore most buildings entirely.
- A long held practice in Battle Royale games is closing the door behind you when entering buildings. That way, it looks like no one has entered, so you can catch possible on-comers by surprise. Conversely, you could keep the door open as a warning to other players, or pretend the house has been looted and left abandoned - such is the mind games involving open and closed doors!
- You ideally want weapons for a range of scenarios - shotguns for up close, rifles for mid-range fights and if you can get it, a sniper at a distance. Healing items are pretty rare but a bandage or med-kit is perfect to have as a backup following close scrapes.
- 2 Whether new to Battle Royale games or coming over from PUBG, there's plenty to learn.
OTHER GUIDES FROM USER
NO OTHER GUIDES FROM THIS USER