We were big hyped from games like ArcheAge and Black Desert, which are great games, but they are only theme park games with some sandbox features.
We waited and followed any Everquest Next news, but with a great final disappointment.
Nowadays there are many sandbox projects under construction that give us big promises, unfortunately many of them are very indie games with too low technical quality to attract masses of players, and many of them fail even before they are released.
Today I want to talk about a new project that looks promising.
It is Dark and Light, a new MMORPG sandbox developed and published by Snail Games.
From what I can gather it is a sandbox MMORPG with open world pvp with full loot when players die.
These are its main features that i know:
- It 'a game without class restrictions, all players develop their character as he wants, without predetermined routes
- There will be 3 classes, Humans, Elves, and Dwarfs
- Open pvp world (except in main cities)
- You can attack players of the same faction
- The players can also build settlements anywhere and without limits
- There will be no quests
- The combat system will be full action (like TERA or Black Desert)
- Each weapon has its own skill
- You can steal
- We will have both pvp and pve servers
- You can suffer from hunger, fatigue and illness
The game was scheduled for an Early Access on Steam at end of 2016, but recently it has been postponed to 2017 (some rumors suggest Q1 2017)
What do you think about? Is just another vaporware?
It will not have anything "massive", it will not be an MMO at all.